A downloadable game for Windows
MidBoss: The possession based graphical roguelike.
A turn-based procedurally generated death labyrinth.
Visit the official site for more information
MidBoss is a video game about possessing your defeated enemies in order to become stronger. You play the weakest of the dungeon denizens, an imp with no ability other than possessing other creatures. Your goal is to defeat and possess increasingly stronger creatures, unlocking their abilities for yourself and becoming stronger as you go along, and eventually defeat and become the dungeon's ultimate endboss.
Early Adopter Discount
Buy MidBoss now at a reduced price, support future development of the game, and get all future updates for free. When the game becomes available on Steam you will get a key for that as well.
An older free beta (version 0.7.2) is also available. Please note: this version lacks features found in the latest version of the game and does not represent the full game.
Work in Progress
- Possess your enemy and gain their strengths and skills
- An absolute mess of abilities. We've got your passives, your actives, and your innates! There are already over 50 unique abilities to discover and learn.
- Lots of equipment to find, seven types of weapons, shields, armor, boots, and accessories in 6 different rarity flavors!
- Randomized potions every game. Who knows what's in these mystery bottles! (optional)
- Dynamic music system that ups the musical excitement when enemies are about.
- Quick Play mode for shorter, more condensed play sessions.
- Custom Game mode that allows you to play the game the way you want to.
- Cratefish as a currency!
- Traps as well as unidentified and cursed items.
- Trade with and sell unwanted items to a mysterious merchant.
- Single-file save and resume, you don't even have to click any buttons for your game to save, it's all taken care of.
- Permanent death, if you die your save is gone! An unforgiving roguelike, just the way we like it. (save-scumming is available)
- Like tooltips? We've got tooltips for everything! All the information you need at your fingertips.
- Lots of crates, chests, and other containers to pillage. Find the royal chest that spawns on every floor for extra sweet loot!
- Playable with either mouse and/or keyboard. Pick whatever control scheme you like!
- Line of sight and fog of war systems, and none of that cone of sight stuff. We assume you can look over your shoulder.
- Full options menu including key rebinding, resolution options, and more! (FoV slider coming soon)
- Miss the good old days? Got some nostalgia for those eye-bleeding CGA cyans and magentas? Miss the old Gameboy days, or were you more of a C64 fan? There's 12 retro mode filters available in the options menu, and more coming in the future!
|Published||2 years ago|
|Tags||2D, Difficult, Dungeon Crawler, Isometric, job-system, Mouse only, Perma Death, Pixel Art, Procedural Generation, Roguelike|
|Average duration||A few hours|
|Accessibility||Color-blind friendly, Configurable controls, High-contrast, Interactive tutorial|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $10.00 USD. You will get access to the following files: